A flooded basement is a Tenafly, New Jersey homeowner’s nightmare. Water leaks or broken pipes can cause catastrophic flooding that can happen almost instantly, covering your basement in several feet of stagnant water. Basement floods are a very serious plumbing issue that needs immediate emergency repairs from a qualified professional. If your basement is flooding with water, call us now at All Done HVAC for 24/7 emergency basement water leak repair services in New Jersey. We’ll have one of our highly trained, experienced staff members at your door at any hour of the day or night, taking care of even the most serious basement flooding to minimize damage to your home and plumbing system.
What Causes Basement Flooding?
A basement flood can happen almost out of nowhere, at any time. In many cases, basement water leak repair is necessary as a result of flooding that happens because of extreme weather conditions. However, basements can also flood during dry weather, for different reasons. Some of the common causes of the need for basement water leak repair services in New Jersey include:
- Foundation cracks. If a crack develops in the foundation underneath your basement, both groundwater and wastewater from the sewer system can leak inside, causing flooding. This can become especially severe during a heavy rain.
- Blocked or broken sewer lines. Sewer pipes can sometimes degrade over time. The incursion of growing tree roots, which are attracted to the moisture and nutrients in sewer lines, are a common cause of cracking, broken seals, and sewer line collapse. Corrosion of the pipes themselves can also compromise the sewer’s integrity, as can blockage from sludge or sediment. When sewer lines break or become clogged, wastewater backs up into your plumbing. Because your basement lies below ground level, it’s often the most susceptible area to flooding, with water coming up through floor drains, downstairs bathroom fixtures, and other openings. Immediate basement water leak repair services in New Jersey are required when this happens, as well as cleaning or repairs for the sewer main line itself.
- Leaking water heaters. Many people in Tenafly have their water heater located in the basement, where there’s plenty of space to accommodate a large tank.
- Burst pipes. Plumbing pipes in your basement can spring a major leak, resulting in basement flooding. This can be the cumulative result of small cracks that get bigger over time. It’s also common in the winter, when water inside the pipes can freeze in unheated basement areas. The water expands as it turns into ice, putting outward pressure on the pipes that can cause them to break.
- Failed foundation drainage. Homes in Tenafly with below-ground basements are generally equipped with a pump that keeps water above the basement floor, preventing flooding. Sump pumps, available from manufacturers like Goulds, Liberty Pumps, and Zoeller, can break down and fail, causing flooding and requiring basement water leak repair services in New Jersey.
If you have a leak in your basement, don’t waste any time getting the problem fixed before it can get out of control. At All Done Company, we provide 24-hour emergency basement water leak repair services in New Jersey. Call us today at 201-458-0455.