Homeowners and business owners in Rockleigh, New Jersey, rely on central air conditioning to ensure cool, comfortable indoor temperatures during the summer. With temperatures reaching into the 90s on some days, going completely without A/C is almost unthinkable. Because your air conditioning system gets almost constant use during the warmer months of the year, it’s routinely subjected to various strain, wear, and tear on its electrical and mechanical parts. Although most high quality air conditioners from manufacturers like Rheem, Trane, and Air Temp are quite resilient, even the best A/C will inevitably break down once every couple of years. Fortunately, most air conditioning problems can be repaired by a seasoned HVAC professional. If your air conditioner isn’t working right, don’t hesitate to give us a call at All Done Company about air conditioning repair in Rockleigh, NJ.
5 Signs Your A/C Needs Repairs
In some cases, your air conditioner might stop running completely if something is wrong with it. However, in many cases, a malfunctioning A/C will still operate, but not as effectively or efficiently as it should. If you’re air conditioner is showing signs of a problem, it’s good to call for repairs as soon as possible. By addressing the problem early, you can prevent it from getting worse, potentially reducing the overall cost of the air conditioning repair that you’ll need.
These are five of the most common warning signs that something is wrong with your air conditioner:
- Your home isn’t as cool as it should be, despite the setting on you thermostat. Malfunctioning fans and other components can cause your air conditioner to stop cooling the air as much as it’s supposed to, resulting in disagreeably warm temperatures even though the A/C is running. In many cases, one or more parts may need to be replaced. It could also be low on refrigerant, or have a coolant leak.
- Your home isn’t cooling evenly. This can indicate a malfunctioning fan, leaking ductwork, and other problems that inhibit normal airflow.
- Weak airflow from vents. When airflow is obstructed, then not enough air will be able to make it through your vents and into your home. This causes your home to cool less evenly and less efficiently. This can result from damaged ductwork, clogged air ducts, dirty air filters, malfunctioning fans, and other problems.
- Unusual rattling or groaning noises. Air conditioners are designed to run as quietly as possible. When they begin making unusual noises, it’s usually a sign of an internal mechanical problem. It requires air conditioning repairs, and may actually need a replacement part.
- Your bills have risen mysteriously. If your electric bill has gone up, and you’ve ruled out other possible causes, it could be that something is wrong with your air conditioner. If the A/C is damaged, overheating, or otherwise isn’t working correctly, it can’t operate as efficiently as it’s supposed to. It requires more energy to do the same amount of work, which translates into higher cooling costs.
If you’re experiencing any of these common A/C issues, it’s a good idea to call a professional to take a look at it and perform repairs. If you get the problem fixed early, it won’t continue to worsen over time, saving you time and money. For reliable 24/7 air conditioning repair in Rockleigh, NJ, call us today at All Done, at 201-458-0455. We have friendly, experienced staff members available at any time for all your HVAC needs.